Partner Volunteer Opportunities
Looking for other ways to connect to community?
Check out this list of opportunities in our region for all community members to get involved with VT Engage community partners!
Please note: these opportunities are not affiliated with VT Engage and will not have VT Engage team members or student leaders in attendance. It is the responsibility of the individual to contact the partner, register for opportunities, find transportation to the site, etc.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a home improvement store and donation center that sells gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price. Most goods are donated, some select products are purchased for resale. The ReStore supports the work of Habitat for Humanity NRV to provide safe and affordable housing for folks in need.
- Miscellaneous Projects: Habitat for Humanity NRV needs people willing to lend their skills - whether you're a teacher, psychologist, writer, runner, doctor, or marketer! This is an opportunity to put your skills to use and meet new people while strengthening your community by building safe, affordable housing. You’ll have the ability to improve the lives of people, work alongside future Habitat owners, learn different skills and advocate for affordable housing.
Kids Can Write pairs university students with children to mentor them over 6 weeks and help them become published authors. As a student-driven nonprofit, we're on a mission to empower children through creative writing and STEM programs. We are recruiting for our organizational roles and both leaders and volunteers to run our active Virginia Tech programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
The YMCA has several opportunities for individuals looking to engage in service. Below is an abbreviated list. You can learn more about these opportunities on the YMCA's website.
- Meals on Main: Volunteers will support efforts to provide meals to area youth seven days a week.
- Senior Connections: Individuals will connect with seniors in the region to combat loneliness and increase intergenerational communication.
- YMCA Thrift Store: Volunteers are needed to assist with sorting and setting up donated items in the shop.