Voting at Virginia Tech
In 2020, Virginia Tech 90.7% of all students eligible were registered to vote. Of all those registered students 80.4% of them actually voted in the 2020 presidential election. Virginia Tech’s overall voting rate was 73% - a 15.1% increase from 2016. Let’s go Hokies!
This website is designed to answer all your questions about voting as a college student at Virginia Tech. Most of the information is specific to Virginia voters, but we have resources for students voting in other states on each page. Check out these student voter guides for students from any of the 50 states!
- Visit the Voter Registration page for information about how to register to vote for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Visit the Voting Methods page to learn about early voting, absentee/by-mail voting, and voting in-person on election day.
- Visit the Upcoming Elections page to learn about the next election.
- Visit the Candidate Information page to find out where to get nonpartisan and unbiased information about candidates.
- Visit the Government 101 page to learn about federal, state, local, and university governance.
If you can’t find the answer to your question, submit a voting question for a personalized response.